Positions Open for 2018-19 School Year
Reading Corps - 2 K-3 Positions and 1 PreK position. Details here!
Kindergarten - First Grade Korean Immersion Teacher
We are hiring one (1) Kindergarten and one (1) First Grade Korean Immersion Teachers. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide Korean language immersion instruction to the K-4 grade level classes
- Develop and maintain long-range and daily instructional plans in Korean based on Sejong Academy’s curricula that fosters thinking, reasoning, and problem-solving.
- Provide effective, developmentally-appropriate and differentiated instruction for diverse learners in Korean.
- Promote students' comprehension of and interaction in Korean and English.
- Regularly assess student learning of subject content and language using multiple forms of assessment.
- Promote cooperation, assertion, responsibility, empathy and self-control among students, as well as conflict resolution strategies. Establish developmentally-appropriate behavioral expectations for students.
- Collaborate with peers to develop and implement best practices based on the students’ needs and abilities
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with families in making educational decisions. Promote family involvement to support student learning.
- Attend Staff meetings and serve on staff committees as required Meet Sejong Academy’s standards for performance and attendance.
Check out the full job description.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please email email@example.com your resume and cover letter.
Sejong Academy is an equal opportunity educator and employer committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation and/or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.