About Sejong Academy
Sejong Academy opened in September, 2014 as a K-6th grade Korean immersion charter school.
We have expanded and now serve grades pre-K through 8th.
Sejong Academy students will become scholars of Korean and English, as well as socially responsible global citizens.
Sejong Academy is committed to providing an academically rigorous education to pre-K-8 Twin Cities students through immersion experience in Korean language and culture by using research-based curricula, high standards for accountability and promoting an appreciation for diversity and international cultures.
Why Sejong Academy and why Korean for my child?
- Opportunity to acquire a second language
- Opportunity for greater cultural sensitivity in order to thrive in an increasingly global society
- South Korea is one of the world’s wealthiest nations. It is a member of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and G-20 major economies
- In 2010 South Korea become the first Asian country to chair the G20 and host the G20 Seoul Summit.
- South Korea’s market economy ranks 15th in the world by nominal GDP and 12th by purchasing power parity
- Its semiconductor, automobile, shipbuilding, steel making, and IT industries are on the leading edge in global markets. It is home of Samsung, LG, Hyundai and Kia.
- It is the #1 shipbuilder in the world (Hyundai Heavy Industries)
- It is the 3rd largest steel manufacturer in the world (Posco)
- South Korea is Minnesota's sixth-largest export market, up from fourteenth just one decade ago. South Korea, which offers significant economic opportunities for Minnesota manufactured goods and for agriculture and service exporters, is a source of growing demand. Recognizing this, the first trade mission of Governor Dayton’s administration was to South Korea. In 2011, Governor Dayton led a delegation of 24 Minnesota business, agriculture and academic leaders on a trade mission to South Korea. The delegation traveled to Seoul to promote trade and investment with South Korea, as well as to support Minnesota companies currently doing business in the country.
- Significant populations of Koreans live all over the world: Brazil, Canada, China, Japan, Russia and the former USSR, as well as the United States and more! Some 75 million people worldwide speak Korean.
- International Sports community: South Korea was the host of the 1988 Seoul Olympics and the 2002 FIFA World Cup. South Korea will also host the 2018 Winter Olympics
Novation Education Opportunities (NEO) is the authorizing organization of Sejong Academy. Minnesota charter schools must have an authorizer. Charter school authorizers do not manage or operate the schools but are responsible for monitoring the Board’s oversight of the school. NEO can be contacted at:
Novation Education Opportunities
3432 Denmark Ave, Ste 130
Eagan, MN 55123